To understand how optimised and well performing your website is, you need to analyze it. The great thing about the age we live in, is that there are many website auditing tools to choose from, and Urgent Expert’s own website auditing tool is one to consider
Website Reviewer (Website Audit Tool)
The Website Audit Tool from Urgent Expert is a free tool that allows you to get an insight into the areas of your site that are performing well and those that aren’t when it comes to search engine and UX optimisation.
The tool is attractive for its easy to use interface, and all you need to do is enter the URL of any website to audit.
Rather than just showing an optimisation score, the tool will also give you a comprehensive list of tips and actions you can do to improve its presence online. The results of the audit can be grouped into three categories - a section that checks the technical issues of the site, another than checks content issues and lastly a section that analyses your external backlinks.
What is the Website Reviewer tool?
In a nutshell, the Website Checker Tool from Urgent Expert scan a website and tell you:
- How a website is currently performing and highlight what changes you need to do to improve its search engine visibility (SEO)
- Improve its mobile optimisation score
- Review how secure and what security actions need doing
- What the current page speed is and improvements that need to be done
- And other key online measurements to run a well optimised website that will rank higher in search engines and make your customer stay for longer.
What does the Website Reviewer tool check?
The website Reviewer Tool from Urgent Expert does just under 50 checks on your website:
- Title Tag – shows you the title tag and length, whether it is over the recommendation
- Meta Description – shows you the meta description that appears in search engines and what character length is
- Meta Keywords – any meta kewords that are present
- Headings – How many H1, H2, H3, H4, H5 or H5 headings are present. You should only have one H1 heading on a page
- Google Preview – a preview of your page’s search result in Google. Any improvements you could make?
- Alt Attributes – Checks if any image alt tags are present, how many are missing and a list of images with missing alt tags
- Keyword Cloud – What keywords are being considered for your page’s content?
- Keyword Consistency – tells you the frequency of your top keywords, is it used in title, description and headers?
- Text/HTML Ratio – your text to HTML ratio, aim to have rich content on your page
- Gzip Compression – Is your site Gzip compressed?
- WWW Resolve - do you redirect if a user goes to www or a non www version of your site?
- IP Canonicalization – tells you your IP and whether there is a redirect to your domain
- In-page links – how many in-page links do you have and what are they?
- Broken Links – Checks to see if any broken links exist on your site
- XML Sitemap – Do you have an XML sitemap? We’ll check for you
- Robots.txt – Robots.txt file is very important to tell websites what and what not to crawl
- URL Rewrite – checks if your URLs are clean and friendly
- Underscores in the URLs – Do you use underscores in your URLS? These are used for space
- Embedded Objects – Any embedding of objects?
- iframe – checked to see if you have iframe content on your page. Good to avoid
- Domain registration dates - When did you register your domain? How old is it? When was it last updated?
- WHOIS Data – The WHOIS data of your domain, who has registered it?
- Mobile Friendliness – Is your website mobile friendly? How does it score out of 100?
- Mobile views – What does your website look like on mobiles?
- Mobile Compatibility – Any embedded objects detected?
- URL – What is the URL and its character length?
- Favicon – Does your site have a favicon?
- Custom 404 Page – Do you have a custom 404 page? Set your site apart from others!
- Page size – What is the page size? Bigger the page, longer it takes to load
- Load Time – Current load time of the site? There is a correlation with lead conversions and page speed
- Language - Is there a language detected for your website?
- Domain Availability – Check what other domain extensions are available for you
- Other similar type domains available – Also, what other similar domains are available?
- Email privacy – Checks to see if any email addresses are existing on your page as plain text and not hyperlinked
- Safe Browsing – Is your website a safe browser? Do you have a SSL certificate?
- Server IP – What is your server IP? And where is it located? Maybe a local server would be better, as load times would be faster?
- Speed Tips – Speed tips to improve the load times for your page
- Analytics – Do you have analytics on your website? Always good to take decisions based on data
- W3C Validity – Is W3C standard in place?
- Doc Type – What is your web page’s doc type? HTML 5?
- Encoding – What language/character encoding is specified? UTF-8 for example
- Indexed Pages – How many pages are indexed in search engines?
- Backlinks Counter – How many backlinks do you have to your website?
- Social Data – Your social media status, how many Facebook likes, LinkedIn likes etc?
- Estimated Worth – What is your website worth in USD right now?
- Traffic Rank – Of all the websites in the world, what ranking are you in the most visited websites of the world?
- Visitors Localization – Where is your website popular at? Shows you the list of countries